AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IHC 1470
Posted 2/6/2019 04:54 (#7300292 - in reply to #7300246)
Subject: RE: Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!

Idaho

As a former transportation director and bus driver if that picture was brought to my attention the driver of the bus would be been looking for a new job. Safety is supposed to be the number one priority and it is a huge responsibility and often thankless job to safely move up to 78 students from point A to B. There is no excuse to endanger lives like that to save a few seconds time. And as this picture shows many eyes are watching those big yellow boxes. To the OP if the local School Board does not deal with it move it up to the State level. Unless things have changed greatly since I have been away from this industry I think you will find no one in the school bus transportation industry likes this sort of publicity and there will be a review of the situation. 

As a fellow farmer I have had to hold up more than my fair share of traffic until I could safely get over far enough to allow room for passing. As a former bus driver there was more than once that I followed a tractor or combine down the road waiting for them to be able to get over. The temptation to pass increases especially when you get a bunch of back seat drivers yelling pass. It always went away though when I thought what if I did pass when I can not be sure what is ahead, something happened and tomorrow those voices are silent. For me it was always a sobering thought.

Keep in mind that these buses are hauling a cargo that can never be replaced if something goes wrong. Thankfully nothing happened this time but as a parent or as a tax payer do you want someone behind the wheel that uses what would appear to be poor judgement? Personally I do not. Now would be the time to get this situation correct and not wait until an accident does happen. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)