AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mtnfarmer
Posted 2/8/2019 23:32 (#7307964 - in reply to #7306975)
Subject: RE: Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!

North Carolina
Im going to attempt to answer your questions according to the laws of my state and yes I drove school bus junior and senior year of high school ( guessing you will find this shocking as north carolina no longer allows this oppertunity)
passed the training first time and hold a cdl for past 20 yrs with 3 million miles under my belt accident free as I owned 3 semis and lease operated 7 of my buddies which were also bus drivers in their last two yrs of high school during our training we were instructed to never pass under no circumstances it's NC law that bus does not pass at anytime regardless of zone however NC law did make a provision for farm equipment wagons buggies bicycles and horses or any vehicle under power "displaying a SMV" traveling under 25 mph the bus can legally pass on solid yellow in your lane ,double yellow as long as the driver felt there was ample clear vision and no oncoming traffic but it is not legal to do so on a bridge or rail crossing (bridge being defined from approach apron to approach apron opposite of ends of said bridge) pics of OP clearly meet these requirements Now the question is does Kansas allow this I have no idea so yes I would have passed in this situation in pics as all the criteria is meet. by the way that section of road in pics is twice as wide as any road in our mountainous terrain where I live we might have 10 miles of road that good in our whole county my problem with this situation is there is two sides to every story OP says he's headed for the drive on the right and by the track on the shoulder of road between the two pics that tractor is clearly not moving over 10 mph did he display a signal ? How was the bus driver suppose to know he was turning right? Was his SMV visible at this very instance My other problem is as some others have expressed "rear end collision " if the driver had not passed and by the way I've driven plenty of tractors over the yrs for I grew up milking cows and drove tractors before I had my licsense so roading equipment is nothing new either to me It seems to me OP is just to eager to terminate these guys job before finding out the facts And also Reread the post about the part where he says he followed the bus to its destination to confirm who the driver was in the bus do you think his tractor can travel as fast as the bus does if so I think that bus would be a very slow bus Did he turn into the drive jump out of the tractor into another car/truck and chase the bus down how fast do you think he had to drive to do that Things just don't add up to me is all I'm saying and OP needs to stop and think if just maybe there was other things going on on his part that he has not realized that made the driver make the decision to pass
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)