AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

billw
Posted 2/4/2019 21:39 (#7297487 - in reply to #7296769)
Subject: RE: Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!

E. Kansas
I'm glad you got the pics of the bus passing. I see a drive on the right side of the road that the tractor had not yet came to. You mentioned you were heading for the shoulder, and perhaps your intent was to pull over there, as the ground may have been more stable and level. I don't see how a school bus, with all their supposed required safety standards, can be justified passing a moving vehicle as seen in the pics. The highway is clearly marked as a no passing zone for traffic moving in the direction of your tractor and the bus. It doesn't matter that passing is allowed for traffic in the opposite direction. It is just as much a no passing zone as if it was a double line indicating a no passing zone for both directions of traffic.

Just being in a hurry, running late, being impatient, or driving a school bus is no excuse. It is not "ok" just because they didn't cause an accident. If that would be the case, then we could all be excused from running stop lights, stop signs (including a bus stop sign/lights when deployed on a stopped bus), or ignoring any other traffic laws anytime we didn't want to be inconvenienced by them. As long as no accident occurred, then it would be alright to break any traffic law. That's not how it works.

Please keep us updated what happens with the bus drivers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)