AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much pop do you drink
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 11/11/2018 12:34 (#7099213 - in reply to #7099127)
Subject: RE: How much pop do you drink

West of Broken Bow
chickenqueen - 11/10/2018 23:41

I think that line is somewhere in Missouri! Here, we drink sodee pop, shell corn, and eat 'coon. Used to have a lot of stripin' sheds and 'bacca when I was young.
Yesterday, I baked two 'tator pies.
My mil says the mason dixon line is somewhere north of Keyettesville. But she'd never seen link sausage before moving here. She's from Marceline.
Biggest thing I notice, is when we go to a carry in in N MO, they always separate the cornbread and chilli . Put the chilli with the soup and the cornbread with the yeast rolls. Here we eat them together.
Think the break down is:
Mis-ur-ri north
Mis-ur-rah south
Mizz-our-ri St. Louis

Don't drink soda, used to drink a diet dew or two everyday. Mostly water and 1.5 cups of coffee every morning. Milk, no sugar and strong.

Very seldom do I drink Dr Pepper anymore. It used to be a treat to buy the old type bottled in TX with cane sugar. It feels odd for me to call it soda or pop or even a combination of the two.

In TX there are sometimes strong disagreements over whether chili can have beans or not. Some chili competitions strictly forbid beans.

As far as drinks with caffeine, I do like iced tea. Only drink coffee on mornings when driving long distances.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)