AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much pop do you drink
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Abomb
Posted 11/11/2018 07:34 (#7098664 - in reply to #7098518)
Subject: RE: How much pop do you drink

mikado - 11/11/2018 06:19

Baby Bull - 11/11/2018 01:12

I drink 6-10 diet dews a day. Sometimes more. I’m addicted. I drink one to fall asleep sometimes.

Sounds like my dad with regular dew in the 70’s and 80’s. Usually had to run to the small stop and go every day for a 12 pack. I remember him having empty cans on the headboard of my parents bed....never could wrap my head around that.

He had several health issues that surfaced, finally cut back and switched to other brands but the seeds of a very bad diet were sown and he passed away from pancreatic cancer when he was 65. I absolutely think his soda consumption contributed to it.

There was a time about 15 yrs ago I had a heavy soda consumption ( before my dads cancer). It was the go to for me during planting and harvest. I remember 1 morning it dawned on me as I was planting...not even 530 in the morning and I had a 24 oz dew gone and reaching for another.

My wife and I have an occasional soda now and then, just seems like pizza and soda go together if we are out. Haven’t bought soda just to have at home in years. Water at meals, I have coffee in the morning, she has tea. We do have some flavored water we drink occasionally in the evening.

I know a guy that goes through mtn dew like that. It wouldn’t matter much if he’d clean up after himself. Everywhere he goes is a trail of empty cans. The fridge in the shop is full of empty boxes. I never thought it was that hard to throw an empty box in the trash when you grab the last one. If he takes one of the trucks somewhere, even somewhere close, you can count on the trash can in it needing emptied. He walked over to my truck to set a part in the cab, maybe 100’ from the shop and sure enough there was an empty can halfway there, couldn’t even carry it the rest of the way to throw it in the trash.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)