AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA Outlook Acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 2/23/2017 10:21 (#5857901 - in reply to #5857855)
Subject: RE: DTN Summary Article

South Central Iowa
Massive Asteroid Impacts???? HAHA

Yeah, I don't like the disappearing acre thing either. I am not aware of how PP factors in. Having trouble trying to find some of what I want in their scattershot numbers.

Website for those interested; it's sprawling: https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/farm-economy/commodity-outlook/ers-o...

The acres on soybeans anyway won't be switching on that order here, in Iowa, and I presume the same in Illinois, Indiana, Southern Minnesota, and Eastern Nebraska. They will have to come from the outer areas and in an incredibly massive way. National yield will be drug down a bushel if is its 6 million acres in Kansas, Greater Nebraska and the Dakotas. So 48 x 83 mha + 38 x 6 mha = 4,212 mb / 89 mha = 47.3 is trend line and 4,212 production. That would still be a neutral number, but the USDA would certainly come out with a regular number and not adjust like that. They may not use 48 though anyway, that is just a number I have heard bearish trade types use, a number more in line with their past increases would be 47.5 or 47.6, but not a big difference.

I think there will be more corn acres. I am with you on 92 million.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)