AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meals in the Field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 9/26/2016 07:57 (#5549622 - in reply to #5549241)
Subject: RE: Meals in the Field

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

DJaCOBS - 9/25/2016 22:11 FIL is the boss around here and the rule is ,"No utensils, must be hand held and brought to the field!". Must be able to eat with one hand and drive with the other. My MIL usually makes lunch, witch us a couple cold meat sandwiches, chips, fruit, pop, and water. The evening meal is usually a hot one, pizza, hot roast beef on a bun just to mention a few. My wife helps her mother make this and she usually uses Pinterest to come up with new ideas. As I write this she is telling me how easy I (we) have it, just driving back and forth across the field. I won't argue with her, depending on the day, they have to make enough stuff for up to 8-10 people, not counting themselves and the kids. Oh, and I almost forgot, they deliver to everyone also, if the timing is wrong, and the wrong field, 1 mile each way, it takes them a while to accomplish this. I'm very grateful for whatever they make! My FIL, and both of my BIL's have complained about what they get. That's just something you don't do! Just my 2 cents!

Oh gosh.............Complained about a meal delivered to the field? I'd really have to fight off the strong urge to skip over those guys for the next few days so they had something to complain about!     ;~)  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)