AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fence law
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Posted 5/31/2015 10:03 (#4600900 - in reply to #4600404)
Subject: RE: Fence law

west central Iowa
Kooiker - 5/30/2015 23:19

801486 - 5/30/2015 18:18

You really expect people to put a fence inside of a fence so you can farm the last inch.  

My problem is that you expect the crop farmer to leave some of his land unplanted so that you can graze every inch of your ground and part of his because you're trying to use a pasture as a feedlot.

I don't care what the $ amount is, its the principle of it.    You don't want to spend your money for the hot wire, you want him to give up income. 

The fence law is outdated and should be thrown out but it will never happen because it is easier for the politicians to leave it alone than to change it.     If it wasn't already in place you would never get such a law passed today.

Like I said most people around here don't want to farm that last little bit and work that close to the fence anyway, its just the greedy one that doesn't care if he tears up the neighbors fence or buries it. I don't use my pasture as a feed lot, anybody that has been around cattle at all and has any sense knows they will reach for something different even if they have plenty of good feed. If the fence law is so outdated how come the supreme court keeps on deciding in favor it. The justices are a little different than politicians. If there was no fence law how would you keep a bad neighber from tearing up your fence other than sueing him, at least now he knows you can go to the trustees and get something done with out a law suit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)