AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sleepapnia question- spelling is one LOL
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 4/16/2015 00:39 (#4518865 - in reply to #4518489)
Subject: RE: Sleepapnia question- spelling is one LOL

Southeast Wyoming

sri - 4/15/2015 19:30

For the price of going to a study,why not just buy the machine or rent one and try it? See lots of folks want to spend the night at a sleep clinic and wonder why. Is there a good reason for the sleep clinic and not just getting the machine or are they that expensive....... Just wondering.

The "sleep study" does not have to be done at a sleep clinic.  It can, or at least COULD, be done at home using patches and a data recorder or cell phone type device.

In the last month, the VA has added a VerizonWireless device to my CPAP which  sends constant "sleep" data to their receiving center (thank you taxpayers, I'm sure since it is the government, they got it cheap ****) so they can monitor my breathing.  They can control my CPAP if necessary.

Yeah, I'm sure they monitor it all the time.  lol    But it may be electronically monitored and programmed to alert a tech if there is an issue.  I was told that only one vet at the Cheyenne facility had refused to allow the installation.  He had privacy issues.  Having a dysfunctional BIG BROTHER is cause for some concern.  The monitoring possibilities for such a device are endless.  I say "good morning Rhonda" every morning when I wake up, just in case she is listening also.    :-)  

I do have a CPAP which calls the sleeper in the semi "home".  Those of you CDL drivers who sign false medical statements are asking for trouble if you are ever in an accident and your history is checked out.  The cost of an annual DOT physical is pretty insignificant.  I don't like the hassle, but it only bothers me one time a year. 

Good night Rhonda. 

Edited to add:  Rhonda is actually a very nice lady, a real person.  I mean absolutely nothing negative about her or the staff at the VA.  They have been great. 

Edited by Gary Lyon 4/16/2015 00:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)