AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From labor post below-my friend let his hired man go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

zfisher70
Posted 11/28/2014 20:56 (#4207777 - in reply to #4206809)
Subject: RE: From labor post below-my friend let his hired man go

VA
he had a will 21 years ago when he had nothing to his name when he was married to my mother but apparently according to my stepmother he didnt have one which made no sense to me since he had accumulated quite a bit of assets. She sold his cattle the day before he was buried to a man my dad despised for 875 dollars a head plus 175 dollars per calf, this was only in march. I was able to purchase one of his tractors a New Holland Tn-75 its the tractor he taught me how to drive on and his older square baler a New Holland 575. I am the only one who paid appraised value for anything and I just found this out I am speaking with a lawyer but he says theres not much hope. but about my job i dont mind the work i just want to feel like im a valued part of the operation i think thats the best thing a guy can make his guys feel like they have a place and a say in their operation even if it is a small one. I do feel like i deserve more money but farming jobs are just few and far between around here. There are only 3 guys in my county that have employees so its slim pickings
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)