AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From labor post below-my friend let his hired man go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 11/27/2014 10:49 (#4204810 - in reply to #4204781)
Subject: RE: From labor post below-my friend let his hired man go

western iowa,by Denison
wow-lots of opinions-the one that counts is yourself-and your very own opinion-I have been a hired man-worked some different places-I have had hired men-I tried to pay as much as I could and they had to put in long hours and I have seen lots of things happen-usually in the ag industry those hired men almost become family-and I fine myself always worried about there safety first-always wanted that hired man to progress and go on his own-and have always being willing to help them back-but if they have a different work attitude then yourself theres a good chance its not going to work-no matter what you pay-
If you are paying someone $20 a hour realize that he needs to be doing a $40 hour job or you cant afford him and being a farmer-I find myself doing a lot of $5 hour jobs-Starting to understand why when the old guys come out to help they refused to get payed-cant wait till I get to that age to be that old guy-almost close enough now-theres no better feeling in the world then when a guy ask's what you owe them and you can tell them nothing was just here to help out
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)