AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From labor post below-my friend let his hired man go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 11/27/2014 07:40 (#4204299 - in reply to #4204236)
Subject: RE: From labor post below-my friend let his hired man go

Saronville NE
Looks to be some bitter ex hired men on here. Quess when I was a hired man I worked those hrs and enjoyed every min of it, have no regrets, actually helped me get where Im at today. From conversation with my banker yesterday and from wages he sees on paper on other operations, he thinks Im already high. I don't know any farms that operate 8-5 like a business in town. Know a couple guys who always shut down at 6 at nite, but no employees and do not farm with much scale so always get done early, but start every morning at 630 also. Few on here act like that 8-8 is 365 days a yr, its more like 2.5 months , then month lightens up then harvest then rest of yr light hrs again. And NO I don't think that is asking too much, don't know a single hired man in this area that gets off at 5.

Im in minority but You couldn't pay me 120k to work 8-5 and sit behind a desk all day in town. And know several of the guys Ive had over the yrs are the same way. Actually this guy would be leaving a 8-5 town job for same money, cause hes same way, hates the paperwork town job and is just in love with the farm. All the money in the world cant make you happy if you don't enjoy what your doing everyday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)