AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kids with A.D.D.?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

tatertot
Posted 10/2/2014 10:09 (#4104831 - in reply to #4104454)
Subject: RE: Kids with A.D.D.?

Central MN
I don't like the terms A.D.D or A.D.H.D because I feel it is often misused or people are too quick to misdiagnose it. There are definitely children and adults out there who have this and it is real but I think a lot of people think that every active kid or child with a slight learning disability has one of these. Some people try to use it as a excuse for poor parenting, which doesn't sound like it's the case in your situation you seem to be trying very hard to figure this out. I have a sister in law who swears her 3 year old son has A.D.D. and I agree just with a different meaning of the words. He is acting out trying to get attention because his mother pays most of her attention to her daughters and leaves him attention deficient. I hope for you it is something simple like needs glasses or a tutor for a short time, it is fun to be around when they have that ah ha moment where it all makes sense. Two of my sons both got glasses at about the age your daughter is and it helped with their grades a lot, before that we had a lot of the same struggles with comprehension. Good luck to you I know it's frustrating but hang in there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)