AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kids with A.D.D.?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jcfarmboy
Posted 10/3/2014 18:30 (#4107659 - in reply to #4105146)
Subject: RE: Kids with A.D.D.?

South Western Ontario, Canada
TheHillbilly - 10/2/2014 15:10

Sounds like me when I was in school, and as far as I know i'm not ADD...but never tested for it. In English we would get a book to read and have to do a report...I hated that, never understood the books (stuff like "Of Mice and Men"). I think this was mostly because of the content. I read alot when I was younger, but the book had to interest me, if I didn't I had trouble reading it. I read alot of fantasy back then (wizards and dragons and such...ya im a nerd) I could knock a book out in a couple days. But a book report from the school was drawn out into a month long battle. Maybe try and find a type of book she likes to read and see if it helps. I had trouble in math as well, now that I am older I have found out it is mostly likely because I have mild dyslexia with numbers. I look at the number and read it but by the time I write it down I swap 2 digits around, only happens with numbers.

This sounds just like I am. I notice that I'm changing numbers around now but in math class(oh man that's a long time ago) I couldn't write down the "steps" to get to the answer. Had no problem doing the question in my head and write down the answer (that drove my teachers up the wall). Did get a prescription but it "made me a zombie" according to my family! Meds aren't always an option. Challenge her! Bet she is bored as all get out and needs something to stimulate her brain. School is just "factory work" for kids.

Hope all is good!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)