AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kids with A.D.D.?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 10/2/2014 07:53 (#4104550 - in reply to #4104481)
Subject: RE: Kids with A.D.D.?

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
I'll give you an example of the idiot word problems that are not helping the situation....

"Joe has 325 baseball cards, and 272 football cards, he estimates he has 597 cards all together. Is this a reasonable estimate? If so, why?"

I ask,
Now who estimates they have 597 cards? I'm thinking the problem should have read "he estimates he has 600 cards, then explain why that was a reasonable estimate, which it would be. Then they could add them up, and see his estimate was within 3 cards.

But anyhoo, not all the problems are like that, it is just that we wasted quite a bit of time on that problem, when I think it was a mistake.

MOST of the problems are OK. The problem is just like in your cartoon. If she attempts an answer it is way off base. Often she just daydreams, or sits there saying she is, "thinking about it" when I know she is not.

Regarding the teachers. Last year I thought she was struggling a little, but her grades were always decent and the teacher never mentioned anything needing attention. But her grades are much worse this year, but have still not heard anything from the teacher. We'll probably have a conference the end of the cycle soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)