AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land Rent Advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

senodak
Posted 9/17/2014 21:42 (#4079943 - in reply to #4079662)
Subject: RE: Land Rent Advice

georgeb - 9/17/2014 18:54

boy that is not a lot of loyalty for someone that has been renting from her for 30 years. i think you will be like a dog chasing your tail on this deal. i am afraid you have set a precedent now with her in regard to all future cash rents. i feel sorry for the younger guys trying to rent land nowadays, it is going to be pretty stressful. good luck with your decision and your 2015 crop year.

I see your side of it, that's the side of the story that makes it logical just to cash in the chips on the deal and let it go. On the other hand, as one person said, once it's gone it's gone, and you never get it back. So, that's just the state of the farm economy that we're in right now. When rents get cheaper, which is bound to happen if prices stay low, I'll be able to get into cheaper rent or buy land cheaper. If prices recover, rents will keep their upward trajectory, and I might be thinking in a few years, "that rent wasn't so bad after all". Make money or lose money, I'm not going to get any other land right now for cheaper, so that's the "limbo" the land market is in right now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)