AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Military pilots.......farmers now?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trakman
Posted 12/2/2012 12:23 (#2728521 - in reply to #2728163)
Subject: Re: Military pilots.......farmers now?

Central Kansas
Aaron SEIA - 12/2/2012 07:24

I think HayWilson in TX either flew or worked closely with some B 52's. Closest I can say I am is I can remember Huey's flying over when I was a kid and seeing the occasional Chinook fly over my house now.
AaronSEIA

Maybe he will chime in..............the B52, although near obsolete has been one of my favorites. Them big birds with wings that long have always amazed me how it can flex the wing as much as it does and not break off. I'm near a former SAC base that had B47's and KC97's and was getting ready to take on B52's when the Government closed the base. There was a TDY here a few years back that had six B52's and six KC135 tankers and they had an open house one afternoon and I got close and personal with the 52 they had on display.............man what an airplane! My daughter and I would sit in the pickup near the end of the runway and watch them take off for there 12 hour night missions. The smoke they produced (an these were later models so better emissions) was just enough to really enhance the take off. It's sooooo sad to see the dead ones at the Arizona Bone pile. The satellite shot from Google Earth is assume!

Hope Hay Wilson chimes in,................would like to hear from him about either flying it or being crew chief.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)