AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Military pilots.......farmers now?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 12/3/2012 09:18 (#2730277 - in reply to #2728521)
Subject: Hope Hay Wilson chimes in,................

Little River, TX
Interesting thread. My experiences are not all that glamorous but there were exciting moments.

I was a B-52 Electronic Warfare Officer. Worked in a little tin box and got to see day light climbing on and climbing out of the box.
That is a slight exaggeration, as along the way I picked up a Civilian Commercial Pilots License and they put me in one of the pilots seats on long over water flights so the other pilot could get some sleep.
Officially flying 200 some missions over Viet Nam,
Sat and watched the some interesting things done to the Old plane from time to time flying something over 8,000 hours.
My crew earned the B-52 Bombing Championship one time. Got to bale out of one over North Carolina.
So yes there were a few exciting times, over the 25 years, and there were even more slow dull times.

The thing I remember most is all the testing we received. Lots of test were one error was a flunking grade.

I was not necessarily good but I was for sure lucky. I had the perfect job for my abilities.

Yes there are still a few Old B-52's flying and serving. They have a few interesting assignments, and a lot of training and testing. Fifty years ago I would have never thought the plane would still be flying let alone being the most reliable plane in the inventory.

The best part was working with and for some quality people.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)