AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 2/5/2019 08:23 (#7298058 - in reply to #7297966)
Subject: RE: Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!

Washington Co Ks
It caught my attention also that the bus driver didn't slow down. Also how good a look did he get around a curve? If the road was straight and a long hill I could maybe see the bus passing near the bottom but on a curve I tend to think he should have waited. I have seen a couple of bus drivers that drove as though they were driving an emergency vehicle with red light and siren on. I met one on a narrow road with my combine once that I saw coming about a mile away. I figured I had plenty of time to get through a spot with trees growing on both sides of the road but once in I saw that she was going much faster than I figured. She never slowed up and I just made it past the last tree when she zoomed past. By the way the combine only had a 12ft header and wasn't a quick-tach. The other time I was running a grader. I was taking up a good part of the road and the bus came up behind me as I was pulling in a little more to go over a concrete box with no sides on it. This driver also never slowed up and passed right on the bridge. I was watching what I was doing and didn't see the bus until it went by. How we ever fit on the bridge side by side I don't know. I did once turn in a driver for making kids sit on the steps as punishment. I told my kids to never sit on the steps and if they got kicked off the bus I would come and get them but not sit on the steps for any reason. The answer we got from the school and the law was "If we don't see it we can't do anything about it".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)