AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hired man post from below. Pay and benefits?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 11/26/2014 07:05 (#4202107)
Subject: Hired man post from below. Pay and benefits?

Saronville NE
Since we are looking, brings up questions, since Ive never had a FT guy. You guys that do, is it hourly, salary? What kind of benefits? 401K, health ins? paid vacation? Bonus? Pickup?

Guy Im talking with wants a pu to drive back and forth to work as part of the salary, he lives bout 7 miles away, hes not a drinker or abusive to equipment and doesn't drive hard. Is this good or bad idea? Hes not asking for fancy or new or anything, just a pu. I really don't care even if he drove it a tick for personal use to be honest, but just don't know if good idea, liability and insurance wise?

Do you count meals etc into their salary, we always feed our guys lunch, either at home if around yard or in town if closer their then home. If gets late wife brings snacks out. Always keep refrigerator in shop stocked with their favorite pop, Gatorade, snacks stc, so can grab what they want also before heading out for long day.

Half a beef to family, do you count that as part of salary also or just a bonus type thing?

Taxs, do you take them out? My HS/college kid Ive had, has been so good that what Ive been doing to add to his check is, at end of yr Ive been paying his taxs from the wages Ive payed him, instead of him doing it. So I don't take any out during the yr.

Anything Im missing or need to be considering?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)