AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns & company- good recipes & positive support
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/2/2021 08:52 (#8867687 - in reply to #8867228)
Subject: fresh milled grains

Pittsburg, Kansas
No I have not experienced that. Wife and I seem to do best on a mostly meat diet.

But I don't doubt you. Mexicans for years did well on a mostly corn based diet. It has only been recent years that they have as much of an obesity epedemic as the US. Once soft drinks and modern processed foods became widespread, they ballooned up like we US citizens. So there is no doubt in my mind modern processed foods are a problem. Modern oils replacing traditional animal fats could also be a factor, I really don't know for sure.

Numerous areas of the world ate mostly carbs without much issues until modern processed foods entered their diets. Then those traditional people on a modern diet develop obesity and type II diabetes.

So you may very well be onto something. Where animal fat will make a person fat is when it is combined with carbohydrates. The carbohydrates raise insulin levels which puts the body in fat storage mode, then the consumed fat goes to body fat because of the high insulin levels.

It is as if a person is going to eat a high carb meal, don't add the fat with it. Eat just the carbs. If a person is going to eat a high fat meal, don't add in carbs. One researcher I follow (Dr Benjamin Bikman) points out that in nature fat and carbs rarely come in the same package. Carbs can come with protein and fat usually comes with protein, but fat, carbs and protein together nature does not provide. The exceptions are mothers breast milk which is designed to grow and fatten a baby as fast as possible.

So I don't doubt you and if that is what works for you I say great for you. A person has to find out what works for them and not everyone is the same or is at a stage of life where maybe their diet needs to change. For example I could eat anything I wanted at 20 years of age and "get by" with it. After being diabetic for 30 years that is not true today. I have to severely limit my carbohydrate intake or my blood sugar goes out of control. So different people have different needs.

At least that is the way I see it and could be wrong.

Edited by John Burns 3/2/2021 09:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)