AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns & company- good recipes & positive support
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/24/2021 10:13 (#8855036 - in reply to #8854953)
Subject: RE: John Burns & company- good recipes & positive support

Pittsburg, Kansas
First of all, don't beat yourself up if you "fall off the wagon" so to speak. You just get back on.

Keto lasagne is excellent and wife has fed it to people before and they did not even realize it was not wheat pasta. You can do a search for keto lasagne and come up with the recipes. The keto noodle recipe can be used for pizza crust or crisp it with seasoning on it for a thin garlic bread.

She likes beef stroganoff lasagne. Do a search for the recipe. Since on the road now she has not made any of that for a while.

Add bacon to about anything and make it better.

She has been making cheesecake in her instant pot while on the road and we have that for desert each night. It is just a normal cheesecake recipe except she substitutes all cream with no milk, eliminates the sugar, and uses dark chocolate instead of chocolate that has more sugar in it. People who are used to sweet cheesecake will turn their nose up to it, but once you have got off the sugar cravings the tart taste of the dark chocolate is a nice keto friendly desert.

There are all kinds of keto recipes on the internet that try to imitate regular high carb foods, with varying results as turning out good to eat. With the exceptsions of pizza, lasagne and the cheesecake we mostly just eat whole food single ingreadient foods. Keep it simple and good. Good hamburger in meatloaf, hamburgers (without the bun), etc. Good steaks. Good pork and pork ribs. We don't eat that many vegetables any more but there are lots of keto friendly vegetables.

Oh, that reminds me. Cauliflour can make a pretty good substitute for mashed potatoes or sccalloped potatos with cheese. I used to hate cauliflour but my tastes have changed since going low carb and now I like it. Same way with asparagus.

Crushed pork rinds can be used in meatloaf as a substitute for crackers or bread. Mustard on top or on the side instead of ketchup.

Those are a few ideas. Sorry no specific recipes. There have been some specific recipes in the past here on KT but you would have to go back many pages to get to them. Probably 20-30 pages back.

Edited by John Burns 2/24/2021 10:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)