AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns & company- good recipes & positive support
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Beerslayer
Posted 3/2/2021 00:06 (#8867228 - in reply to #8860891)
Subject: RE: John Burns & company- good recipes & positive support

Hey John, have you done any experimenting with fresh milled grains? I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemia in my 20s and was nearly unable to work I was so weak in the afternoons. Eventually found a good doc who explained it was the sugar in ~everything that was killing me. Processed foods. A good diet eventually fixed it over probably 5-8 years. A long recovery.

About 20 years ago I tried Adkins and low carb and it never set well with me. Didn't feel right and didn't lose any weight for long.

I've always been a baker and for flavor reasons I started experimenting with fresh milling whole grains and baking and cooking with them. Couldn't beleive the difference. Two slices of toast for breakfast made from fresh milled whole grains was filling and I had a solid energy burn until lunch time. None of that hungry at 10 am need a snack business. For example today for breakfast I had two leftover biscuits made from an old soft red wheat variety we grow called English Squarehead. I was good for 4 hours. Not hungry until lunch and had great energy level.

Have you or anyone you know tried anything like this?

Oh, my wife and I also found that we can't eat enough of wheat served this way to gain weight. Both of us have had weight issues in the past and our weight is stable no matter how much we eat. She went from 175 to 125 (5'7") and has stayed there for the last ten years. In her case it was quitting the coffee creamer.

The fresh milled whole grains are so nourishing that we can't eat enough of them to gain weight. Because it's a whole food, your body knows it has had enough. I think with processed foods the body knows it isn't getting what it needs so it sends hunger signals to the brain. Eat! Eat more!!

Anyone else experienced this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)