AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Honeymoon trip. Indiana, Ohio, Tenesee, Kentucky, whats to see ag related and more??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TheFarmFreshWife
Posted 2/27/2021 16:44 (#8861993 - in reply to #8849949)
Subject: RE: Honeymoon trip. Indiana, Ohio, Tenesee, Kentucky, whats to see ag related and more??

My husband and I honeymooned in Sevierville, Tennessee (30 minutes from Gatlinburg and Home of Dolly Parton). While we didn't do anything really Ag-related we did have some great homecooked/inexpensive meals at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant & Grill. Applewood is apart of the AppleBarn Village which houses a cider mill, general store, winery, creamery, candy factory, and hard cider house. I highly suggest this stop to anyone visiting the Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg area to check it out. Our cabin was about 10 minutes away so we did try breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We were never disappointed!
https://www.applewoodfarmhouserestaurant.com/

I am a Dolly Parton fan so we did go to Dollywood and Dolly's Stampede. Out of the two, I would definitely go back to Dollywood and I do not ride rides. Once you pay to get in the prices for food and drinks are very reasonable compared to Cedar Point (if you have ever been there). And grandma's cinnamon bread is to die for. Though I am pretty sure they are closed now for the season, I am not sure when they are opening back up. The Stampede was fun but I am not sure how it is currently operating with COVID restricts since you sit shoulder to shoulder with strangers.

Our last stop on the way home back to Ohio was at the Ark Experience in Williamstown, KY. It was pretty impressive.

Hope y'all have a great time!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)