AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Honeymoon trip. Indiana, Ohio, Tenesee, Kentucky, whats to see ag related and more??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 2/27/2021 12:09 (#8861578 - in reply to #8849949)
Subject: RE: Honeymoon trip. Indiana, Ohio, Tenesee, Kentucky, whats to see ag related and more??

Thumb of Michigan
Your bride must have a better sense of humor than mine.

We decided to elope. Figured a good day to actually walk down the aisle in whatever court house we ended up at was February 14. And thats what we did, in Paulding Ohio. Thats when things started going south. I thought that as long as we were this close already, we better do the obvious and take in the National Farm Machinery Show in Loiusiville. My wife isn't a farm girl. She's a Yooper from up on Lake Superior. n, come to find out, not a fan of 2 days of looking at farm stuff with a big crowd. Not at all a fan.

And, I wasn't smart enough to diffuse the situation, either. "But honey, if we go to this show, our entire honeymoon is tax deductible!" was a terrible justification looking back. Who said romance was dead? Ended up heading to North Carolina afterwards. Had a big ice storm with a little snow mixed in when we got there. She felt right at home in that sort of weather, so it all ended well.

That was over 32 years ago. She's sitting right across the room from me right now, so it wasn't all a deal breaker I guess.

I realize that doesn't answer the OP's question at all. Got nothing for you ag related wise. April I'd think would be about the time you'd be hitting some nice weather and there's just an awful lot of beautiful scenery in all those states. Good Luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)