AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quitter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 11/15/2020 06:15 (#8607714 - in reply to #8607379)
Subject: RE: Make homemade fruit water to drink.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I see Mountain Dew looks to have the highest sugar content of all drinks shown. I wonder what diet Mountain Dew would look like?

We very seldom drink soda at home. When we flew down to our AZ home over 3 weeks ago we picked up a 12 pack of diet Mt. Dew bottles . There are still over 6 bottles in the fridge left. However when we go out for a meal I will order a diet Dew first if it’s available followed by Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke. My wife will usually order a ice tea.

We both drink a lot of homemade fruit flavored water at home. We buy frozen cut strawberries from Sams Club plus bags of lemons and oranges. We will cut off all the outer peelings off the oranges and lemons slice them crisscrossed with a knife but not all the way and freeze them in a large freezer bag so they are ready to put in a pitcher of water when need be. We take a large pitcher of RO water add some frozen strawberries, one orange and one lemon and set it in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours works the best, 24 hours is even better yet. The juices from the fruit will seep out into the water and it gives it a refreshing flavor.

One thing we noticed a long time ago is to make sure to cut all the peelings off deep enough otherwise it can cause the water to have a bitter taste. When the fruit is in the water after so long you need to screen out the fruit of the water as it will give a bitter taste as mentioned. This doesn’t happen too often however as we usually have it all drank before this occurs. We’ve been doing this for years, way over 10-15 years and have never tired of drinking it.

The only drawback to this drink is fruit is expensive, especially lemons. Down here in AZ luckily there are independent fruit vendors along the highway that sell their fruit for 1/2 price of what stores sell them for.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)