AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quitter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/15/2020 07:55 (#8607957 - in reply to #8607885)
Subject: coffee

Pittsburg, Kansas

Same here. Never was a coffee drinker although I would have a cup occasionally at a restaurant at breakfast.

Now I have coffee every morning. Having it right now.

One thing I do with black coffee is add a scoop of collagen (put collagen in cup first and pour hot coffee over the top). Supposedly collagen has health benefits but for wife and I we like the fact that it kind of takes the edge off black coffee kind of like creamer does. I also put a teaspoon of MCT oil and a teaspoon of coconut oil. The oils kind of float on the top even after being stirred but as I sip it I get both coffee and the oil. When a person is on a very low carbohydrate diet with no sugar they get fat adapted. Now I find I crave fats rather than sugar. So the fats in the coffee is kind of a treat.

Not something everyone wants to do, but a few might also enjoy it.

I try not to drink coffee after about lunch time to avoid an excessive amount of caffeine. Occasionally we will have a coffee after supper but we make it decaf.

My wife loves iced coffee. I like it ok to but do not drink it that much.

A little left over coffee on ice and added soda water and a person can drink Coffee Cola as Dr Berry calls it. Not bad.

John

The collagen we like

Edited by John Burns 11/15/2020 08:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)