AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight Loss/Keto Light Diet Results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

golfnut
Posted 10/4/2020 21:55 (#8530375 - in reply to #8517327)
Subject: RE: Weight Loss/Keto Light Diet Results

Central Nebraska

John Burns - 9/27/2020 09:19

I think word of mouth and a small cadre of doctors on line who have experienced the results themselves are going to remain the driving force for change for quite some time. There is not much money to be made from getting healthy so the part of the economy that benefits from the current dietary guidelines will only come along kicking and screaming till they realize the tide has changed. Then of course they will have thought of it. (sarcasm)

Public perception changes slowly. Probably will take an entire generation time wise before society in general takes what they have "learned" and "unlearns" it. Early adopters will benefit, most will not.

Just the way things work.

John

I think part of the unfortunate truth is that for so long we've been told that the solution to weight problems is simply burn more than you consume.  In theory that is correct but as I've said on here before "one cannot out run their mouth."  I know this because I tried.  For 4 years I ran and biked and swam and did not loose a pound.  Yes, I could basically eat what ever I wanted but deep down I know that I could loose some weight.  I was a pretty consistent 185-188 at the beginning of the year.  This year I've put less time in exercising, ATE BETTER (less sugar), and lost about 20 pounds.  When I run I go faster or longer, or both.  Riding bike is way easier, especially on hill climbs. 

How does this relate to John's comment?  Our world is driven by fad diets, one size fits all meal plans, exercise gimicks, health clubs, etc.  If we want a universal solution we need to educate people on the side effects of the cheapest and most consumed drug in the world......SUGAR........oh, I just at a few peanut butter m&m's.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)