AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight Loss/Keto Light Diet Results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/26/2020 07:09 (#8515696 - in reply to #8512908)
Subject: An obesity observation

Pittsburg, Kansas

Went to get my eyes checked yesterday. As a diabetic they check for damage within the eye by taking a computer image and a field of vision test. The good news is no change in the image but the bad news is I got some glaucoma in the left eye (poor field of vision test) so they started me on eye drops. But that is not the reason for the post......I digress.

The reason for the post is an observation of the staff in that rather large eye center. I encountered maybe a dozen staff and doctors in the halls and various rooms. Not a single one of them would have fit the description of slim or had a BMI of less that 24 which is considered the upper edge of optimal. I would estimate the least overweight slimmest of the bunch was 50# over weight with the most over weight probably 150# excess body weight. All the doctors, nurses and staff could have all been patients in an obesity clinic. I could not believe the amount of overweight people in that facility. Not a single fit person. The doctor who I have seen for 17 years went from a trim guy to well over a hundred pounds over weight in that time. He looked like a heart attack waiting to happen.

I knew there were a lot of overweight people out there, but the visit to that office really drove home the fact that we have an obesity epidemic in our country. They all definitely needed this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwKmVjSXTDk&list=PL48jnTudSMf_4z7qfiymmOf-xbYJJUSDX   Dr Ken Berry keto 101

John

Edited by John Burns 9/26/2020 09:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)