AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Donald Trump has said NO more SRE waivers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 9/9/2020 19:27 (#8485639 - in reply to #8485607)
Subject: RE: Donald Trump has said NO more SRE waivers

mn
Some in the the USA. But anything LED is made in China. Because there is no such thing as an LED not made in China. It is literally the only place to get them. I tried to set up production of one single light here. Even assembling them myself with no emplees would cost me 3x what they can be purchased for. And that's not including tens of thousands of dollars in certifications needed.

I would love to offer 100% made in USA products, but it is impossible. I had to resort to having my own design made in a factory that already produces them. And yes, my designs were quickly copied. But it was my choice to give them the design.

What I am talking about is companies with absolutely zero dealings with China. A person in the US will go online and buy a product manufactured by a US company. They then send it to their bosses in China who copy it, counterfeit it, cheapen it, and sell it back into the US. Sometimes as genuine.

Not long ago I saw ad from an obvious Chinese company. For a "locking grease coupler". The literally used genuine lock and lube photos and videos to advertise their knockoff product. It even clearly said "lock n lube" on the couplers in the pictures. This is an extremely common occurrence.

THAT is my problem with China. Not companies who voluntarily give up their technology.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)