AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Donald Trump has said NO more SRE waivers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 9/9/2020 10:01 (#8484779 - in reply to #8484743)
Subject: RE: ag farms is right the rest not so much

The real issue in farming is us and ignoring market signals. Our answer is to bark until the gov't gives us reparations.... oh wait program checks (which I freely cash). China was a problem before (read old market talk posts) and maybe it's a little more consistent now, maybe. The last time an elected official and unelected bureaucrats fully tried to take away our decision making capacity was waters of the US.

Also consider that we grabbed 10% of the oil company's market share. How would you act if another industry got a law passed that took 10% of our market share? It's not like both industries don't get gov't money either. I'm not a big oil friend, but we do have to call it like it is. Maybe be a little thankful we have it all and maybe apply pressure on ethanol producers to market the product rather than complain to the gov't.

Voting for someone who says they will give you something is the worst, most childish way to determine your vote. There is no free lunch and most of the time the politicians conveniently forget the promise. These days the best way to determine your vote is who won't try to take away rights (inalienable and enumerated in the constitution)

Farming is what it is. If you started farming with $7 corn, I think you're learning that was an aberration not any type of normal. It's a low margin commodity business where the price always heads for the cost of production. The US taxpayer does not owe us a living anymore than we owe them a living.

Edited by Pat H 9/9/2020 15:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)