AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn ear tip back causes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Unsal
Posted 9/24/2020 05:47 (#8512262 - in reply to #8480904)
Subject: Current situation sept 24 2020

Turkey
GOOSEPILOT - 9/7/2020 18:45

It looks really good overall. Beyond that, are you getting a good positive roi to all those inputs? If you want to improve more, you need to be able to better measure things.

Soil moisture sensors are invaluable to me for any crop. What you see above ground is a direct result of what happens below ground. Usually all or parts of irrigated fields get over irrigated early because guys don't want to run dry. Hard to manage without a good moisture sensor.

I'm not seeing obvious nutrient deficiency of any kind from those pics. Your ph is high and that makes nutrient availability harder..
K is very cec dependent.

I think you need to better finish the crop out. Maybe not more nutrients, but at least keep applying later in season. Lots of nutrient uptake long after 10 days after tassel. Like 40% of N (although you don't appear n deficient). Do some in field tests fertilizing some acres later and see if you get a response.

As you see from the ear there is a stress seems on it. Is this effect of fertizer efficiny or drought/hot weather stress at late stage ?

(678D0A59-53ED-42C4-80EC-17306D803E9D (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 678D0A59-53ED-42C4-80EC-17306D803E9D (full).jpeg (140KB - 72 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)