AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn ear tip back causes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 9/7/2020 13:55 (#8481179 - in reply to #8481043)
Subject: RE: Corn ear tip back causes

WC Mn/Dakotas
That might be a stretch of the term lol. I have a degree in agronomy, but am an ag pilot for 30 years. The last 6ish years I have spent excessive hours studying precision ag, fertility, and population. I am fortunate enough to know several standout industry leaders that I go to for many topics to at least point me in the right direction, others I work with routinely.

Rows around start at v5 and to roughly v8

Max ovules start at v12 and to roughly v15-17 (about 7-10 days before silks emerge)

The short,, general version. Fertility i believe is intertwined. It depends on your soil, moisture, temperature, form of fertilizer, and where its placed. N and S are mobile so obviously less time. PKZn are not mobile and usually the common forms take some time to be plant available (might be a week or as much as 3 months). As mentioned Boron for example needs to be taken up by the roots from the soil. So if you apply B and get ample rain/irrigation, it will take about 14 days to get into the plant. Each is different. Many nutrients if foliar applied don't translocate so you would need to apply for each new leaf growth. In a high ph soil, many natural or placed nutrients can't recharge quick enough. So you might have enough total quantity nutrient (if you had 12 months of growth), but you may not have a rate of available nutrient to keep up to plant requirements of maybe 75% of total in a few weeks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)