AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Versa Moisture Meter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/2/2020 08:29 (#8410298 - in reply to #8409989)
Subject: RE: Follow Up: Ag Leader Versa Moisture Meter

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I believe this to be correct although I have no experience with the Hydraulic Seed Modules

Some rigs could have more than one module of the same type. Other modules have specific information associated with them that apparently makes it necessary to use the same module as last time.

For example it is possible to use two or more Liquid Modules on a rig. On a planter one might be used with spray and the other with fertilizer. It is necessary that the serial numbers are used so that the system can work with them properly. Even if a rig only has one Liquid module the serial number is associated with the configuration the first time it is used and is expected to be used in the future.

With the older Insight displays and a Liquid situation, the system would be expecting to find the module serial number that it used last time. If it did not find the one expected, the configuration would not load. No message was displayed. This lead to confusion on the operators part (me). This came about since I had two Liquid Modules that I moved around and might not be using the same one as last year in a given situation.

The solution was to create a new configuration from scratch and try it. If the system found acceptable modules it would allow you to proceed. Unknown to me at the time was the fact that the serial number of today's liquid module was associated with this new configuration. The next time the configuration was used it would be looking for the serial number of the liquid module that was used.

The newer Integra and following models still behave this way but give the operator more information and the ability to accept the current module. This should never come up unless the configuration deals with modules where the serial number "matters".

I agree on the combine modules also. I'm thinking that the speed and moisture modules are all the same so no serial number association is necessary. Each Mass flow sensor has its own calibrations so it must be necessary to acknowledge a change in sensors if and when that occurs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)