AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Versa Moisture Meter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 8/3/2020 05:42 (#8412061 - in reply to #8410591)
Subject: RE: Module S.N. Speculation

Missouri
If you really want to get things dicey, I would bet there's a fair chance the app rate module swings both ways.

I've got a hunch the serial doesn't matter if you use it as an implement switch, but if you use it as flow meter monitoring, it might. That guess is based on how the configuration is built.

For implement switch usage, in a configuration, you change the implement switch setting from "none" to "standard" or "reverse" polarity, it will go to looking for an app rate module (i.e. need or not need for module is not built into the configuration from the beginning). You can even change the setting back to none, and then the app rate module is no longer required for that configuration. In short, it's an option which can be turned on and off.

For flow monitoring usage, you configure a "flow meter" as a liquid controller, and that becomes a permanent part of the configuration. It's surprisingly rigid. In this manner of monitoring, the flow meter pulse count becomes a permanent part of the configured "flow meter", meaning you cannot change the pulse count without making a new configuration (been there, done that, was quite surprised). My hunch is that, in this case, because it is such a rigidly set component of a configuration, it might lock in a serial number like other modules.

On your investigation with the STMM, it is also a possibility the system may behave differently in a monitoring only configuration than in a monitoring/section control, or a monitoring/section control/rate control.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)