AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Orign of the Idea to Double Crop Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 7/14/2020 05:28 (#8372521 - in reply to #8371479)
Subject: RE: Orign of the Idea to Double Crop Soybeans

Glasgow, Ky

If you Google "Harry Young no till farming" you will find some interesting info on your topic.  As Wayne mentioned above he was an innovator in no till farming back in the early days of no till in Kentucky.  I started no tilling in the late 70's but several farmers had been doing it for years by then. I know one farmer in central Ky who was no tilling in the late 60's and would be an excellent source of info for your paper.  Send me an email if you want more info.  

By the way,  he is still farming and was one of the bigger grain farmers in the area for many years.  He bought a new 12 row 800 Cyclo when they first came out.  He still uses that planter today and grows as good a crops as anyone around.

One other thing you might want to look at, if you haven't already, is narrow row beans.  The Allis planter was perfect for this as you could just add additional row units between your other units.  The fact they were ground drive made it a simple conversion.  Splitters on planters have been around a long time too!        

Edited by barren 7/14/2020 05:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)