AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The thief's finally got me!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 7/13/2020 16:15 (#8371562 - in reply to #8370311)
Subject: RE: The thief's finally got me!

Texas
Part of me is hesitant to share this, but it’s worth sharing. A good friend of mine was a well known judge. His daytime job wasn’t how we met. The guy was just plain genuine and didn’t fit the stereotype of how some folks generally view judges. My friend was born in a tiny country community that’s barely on the map these days. All he knew growing up was hard work on farms and ranches in addition to finding a few odd jobs in a town such as working at a small feed mill. He didn’t have it easy growing up. Later as an adult he competed in rodeos.

One day, while holding an elected county position, he was on his lunch break and was close enough to go check on his cattle at a rented farm. His car had a police radio installed and he regularly kept it on in case county officials needed to get in touch. This was before cell phones. He was close enough to the car to hear police officers discussing a well known drug dealer, with a long history of criminal offenses, being seen driving in the area. The car’s description was given as well as the driver’s. My friend had parked his car on the top of a hill at this rented farm where some of his cattle were kept. That very car appeared driving past this property. My friend had left the gate open when he drove through.

Before all of this he had felt strongly that his life was in danger and he needed more fire power. He didn’t mention if he had been tipped off or not about any threats being made against him. A trip was made to an associate who helped equip him with better means of self protection. So, there he was alone at the rented farm. That particular car ,driven by a known, career criminal, kept passing by his farm. It would slow down each time. Finally, after several passes, the driver stopped at the gate and then pulled on through and made his way to the top of the hill. My friend got in his car upon seeing the car approaching.

The driver made it to the top of the hill and got out of his car and approached my friend’s vehicle. The driver claimed he was lost and was looking for someone by a name my friend didn’t recognize. The story didn’t add up. My friend spoke up and stated that he knew who the driver was and that he had a bad history. The driver was there to kill my friend. The judge pointed his shotgun at the man because he knew the guy was armed and had the gun or weapon hidden on his person. That dude was there to kill the judge. Somebody had apparently been following the judge and knew his routine. My friend told the guy he had better not ever see him again.

Edited by Pigpiggy 7/13/2020 16:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)