AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well Machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sledge
Posted 7/13/2020 07:54 (#8370793 - in reply to #8369510)
Subject: IT IS NOT 65 FEET!!

Extreme SW Minnesota Iowa border

This applies to water-supply wells used to provide water for human consumption, food or medicinal preparation, or that are connected to plumbing fixtures such as sinks or faucets accessible for consumption. This rule part requires a minimum of 15 feet of watertight casing not including the casing above ground or the screen.
The 15-foot minimum casing does not apply to borings or nonpotable wells such as dewatering wells, monitoring wells, remedial wells, or irrigation wells.
“Established ground surface” is defined in these rules to mean the intended or actual finished grade (elevation) of the surface of the ground at the site of a well or boring. This includes built up grades with pavers, brick, stone, landscape rock, concrete or other materials.

As per the Minnesota well drillers handbook. In my younger years I helped an older guy auger wells. We couldn't use concrete staves so we would put in PVC pipe. I know our best water in this area was usually at 20 feet. If you needed more consistent water and more flow you would go deeper.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)