AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well Machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/12/2020 18:28 (#8369814 - in reply to #8369510)
Subject: RE: Well Machinery

central - east central Minnesota -

Butch...Mn - 7/12/2020 15:33 Has anyone here ever installed a sand point well? I have a 4" deep well on some lake property I own in Mn. I have never run out of water capacity with it, but as is common on this particular lake anyhow, the water is very hard. If we have a faucet that drips overnight the sink will be stained solid red in the morning. If we update our small cabin to a year round house, soft water would make the better half much happier. Different people on this lake that have shallow wells all seem to have very nice soft water. When I say shallow wells, they seem to be no deeper than 25 feet. I have absolutely no experience with a sand point or have any idea of GPM capacity of one. I remember that the pump system used with one can lose prime at times. Knowing that, it seems that the ideal situation would be a 4" sand point with a submersible pump which I have never heard of. Can anyone here shed any info on easy ways to drive the well or any other informative info of what I might be getting myself into?

I would be concerned with contaminated water with a sand point 25ft or less deep. Mn regulations require a minimum depth of 65ft for well's (sand point, driven or drilled). For what you are going to spend on a shallow sand point (all the stuff needed to make it work), I'd recommend a Kinetico water softener. It'll pull the iron and calcium out of your existing well and you and the other half will be happy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)