AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well Machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

junk fun
Posted 7/12/2020 16:13 (#8369589 - in reply to #8369510)
Subject: RE: Well Machinery

Wisconsin
Just so we're straight, you probably have high iron if you get red staining at a MN lake cottage. And your neighbors sand point wells are pulling a different water layer that's much less iron.

There are systems that precipitate out the iron, they're expensive and I'd guess more maintenance than a water softener. Water softeners are good at removing water hardness (Ca/Mg) they're bad at removing iron, but they can remove a little so that is another option depending on the iron level.

Sand point wells are frowned upon for contamination reasons. If it was me, and I wanted a sand point for cosmetic reasons, then I'd keep the drilled well hooked up for drinking water only, and visible for home inspectors and mortgage appraisers. And use the sandpoint for all other uses.

You're not going to drive a sandpoint 4" in diameter, but you could possibly use a large water pump to jet a casing down 25 feet. I don't know of any professional who would do such a thing, they're going to be beholden to the DNR's guidelines.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)