AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well Machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Butch...Mn
Posted 7/12/2020 15:33 (#8369510)
Subject: Well Machinery

West Central Minnesota
Has anyone here ever installed a sand point well? I have a 4" deep well on some lake property I own in Mn. I have never run out of water capacity with it, but as is common on this particular lake anyhow, the water is very hard. If we have a faucet that drips overnight the sink will be stained solid red in the morning. If we update our small cabin to a year round house, soft water would make the better half much happier. Different people on this lake that have shallow wells all seem to have very nice soft water. When I say shallow wells, they seem to be no deeper than 25 feet.
I have absolutely no experience with a sand point or have any idea of GPM capacity of one. I remember that the pump system used with one can lose prime at times. Knowing that, it seems that the ideal situation would be a 4" sand point with a submersible pump which I have never heard of. Can anyone here shed any info on easy ways to drive the well or any other informative info of what I might be getting myself into?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)