AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for hydraulic experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 7/11/2020 11:05 (#8366967)
Subject: Question for hydraulic experts

I am modifying the hydraulics on a scraper and I’m wondering what will work best. Basically, the main lift cylinders will force the extension of the clamshell cylinder if I lift the scraper with the clamshell closed. Rather than redesigning it mechanically I would like to solve the issue with the hydraulic system. I am thinking a crossover relief valve between the ports of the clamshell cylinder to allow it to extend and also a check valve between the return line of the lifting cylinders and the clamshell cylinder (non-rod end) to allow oil to flow into the clamshell cylinder to make up the extra volume of oil required as the cylinder extends.

Does that sound like it would work?
Do I need a crossover relief valve or would a regular relief valve work as well?
Any better ideas?

Edit to add: Just had another thought. If I used an adjustable relief valve (crossover or regular) I would also be able to set the maximum clamshell closing pressure so that it won’t do any damage by twisting things if an obstacle is stuck on one side of the clamshell when I close it correct?

Edited by havin’funfarming 7/11/2020 11:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)