AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for hydraulic experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 7/11/2020 14:10 (#8367288 - in reply to #8367062)
Subject: Thanks for the response but

Thanks for the responses guys but I might not have explained the issue properly. There are already 3 separate circuits on this scraper. The push off to unload it is on its own.

It is the other two circuits that I’m referring to.By the lifting circuit I mean a set of cylinders that lift and lower the scrapers main body, which also effectively lifts and lowers the cutting edge. The other circuit involves a cylinder that opens and closes the clamshell on the front. The issue is the cylinder for the clamshell is mounted on a frame that doesn’t move with the main body as it lifts and lowers. The clamshell has to also move up when the scraper is lifted after it is closed.

Right now there is a cable between the clamshell cylinder and the clamshell to allow this movement but I want to be able to put the original solid link back on it so that I can force it closed. Right now the clamshell often stays somewhat open and if the dirt is dry I lose about 1/2 the load of I travel any distance. It was a self propelled IHC scraper in its former life. I’m not sure how they did it originally.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)