AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We need mandatory livestock traceabillity
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 7/9/2020 08:38 (#8362950 - in reply to #8362409)
Subject: RE: We need mandatory livestock traceabillity

Mid MO
If you think a beef sale barn is skunky, try going to a small animal sale. It's a cross between a garage sale, the wild west, and trailer park boys. Sheep and goats have mandatory farm id tags. Has mandatory id cleaned up and "professionalized" the individuals...... ah... no. It's taken money for a do nothing tax from a bunch of folks with small acreages who frankly, don't have much extra money. Makes the do gooders feel better and taxes poor folks.

There are high class sheep and goat auctions but they're not entertaining. This is like people watching at the midway of the state fair. No, I'm not picking on them. Some of the stock is darn good and some of it is exactly what you'd expect. I've bought a few and sold a few there. It's just that I fully understand what I'm getting into when I go.

You need a better barn. Visit with the owner and sit right down in front. That way you can hear any comments the ring man makes. Getting close makes a whale of a difference for me. If you keep showing up and chatting and buying, they will help you out. Let the almighty dollar or lack therof be the governing force, not regulations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)