AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We need mandatory livestock traceabillity
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 7/9/2020 10:09 (#8363118 - in reply to #8362960)
Subject: RE: We need mandatory livestock traceabillity

SE Manitoba
johndeere1 - 7/9/2020 08:43

dabeegmon - 7/9/2020 04:58

richvalley - 7/8/2020 22:46

We have traceability in Canada and there is no way the system could function if it had to input and output that kind of information every day. Trust me traceability has nothing to do with what goes on inside the industry and everything to do with what goes on outside of it. The whole system up here is nothing but a running joke and is nothing to be proud of. But hey if you want to throw good money after bad be my guest because an American traceability system would finally put the cattle business up here on a competitive playing field to yours

Read the OP's comments.
To anyone thinking that traceability is a great idea - - - - re-read mr richvalley's comment.
I'm just not sure if he gives you a picture of how broken it is up here.
The costs are huge, IMO, and they're always demanding more.

To the OP I'd say that you need to find a different place to shop for your incoming cattle.
I just hope that you have options.
Here in western Canuckistan - - - - well one particular outfit controls like well over 60%, and it may be much more of the sale barns.
In Saskatchebush there are only 2 very small such that they don't control.
Be glad that you're not quite there - - - - just find a different buyer.

I'm a wondering if you shouldn't even put your buyers information on here.
Might save some others grief too - - - dunno.

Your not in western Canada if you live on the east side of Manitoba. Nielsen is a huge player in the action market game. That's why a lot of cattle guys sell straight to buyers. Save commission and shrink.

Haven't always lived here and I dealt with Nilsson's within a year after their place burned down so I have had more than a round or three with them and their clans.
Its hard to interest buyers when you don't have 100s of calves and you don't live close.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)