AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 year old girls softball ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NDCat99
Posted 6/23/2020 08:34 (#8331158 - in reply to #8326128)
Subject: RE: 10 year old girls softball ?

E ND
I get torn on these decisions because I see both sides. Do these young kids NEED expensive equipment to simply play the game? Probably not. I do think at a young age the kids need to be reasonably comfortable, have some success and have fun in order to stick with a sport. Good (not necessarily high $$ or brand new) equipment goes a long ways towards that goal. Uncomfortable/poor fitting equipment makes practices and games miserable and takes the fun out of it. It's pretty disappointing for a kid to work hard, connect on a good pitch and see their hit barely dribble to the edge of the infield due to an old played out bat (and yes they do wear out).

So I'd say a happy medium, maybe buy a good used couple year old bat like a few others have mentioned for $100 and get a few years out of it is the best route. I'm lucky in that I have to boys, similar sizes and close in age that play the same sports so it's a little easier to buy something that you know will get used for 4 seasons vs. one season and they're grown out of it. When we're done with our sports gear it looks pretty beat!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)