AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 year old girls softball ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 6/21/2020 09:15 (#8327046 - in reply to #8326128)
Subject: RE: 10 year old girls softball ?

SWOH
There’s a difference. I’m not sure how much of a difference for a 10 year old. Teenage league or high school maybe worth it, 10 probably not.

I was just getting out of church league slow pitch softball when composite bats first came along, around here anyway. A kid told me he spent $450 on his bat and I told him he was insane. Except all the sudden he could send it over the fence pretty easy. I used one once and there’s more pop but at 10 I don’t know how much of a difference it would make. I quit playing softball not long after that, it wasn’t as fun when everybody’s knocking it over the fence. I liked small ball and putting the ball where they ain’t, not really a fly ball fence swinger.

I never spent more than $75 on a bat for my kids and they’d practice with theirs and use somebody else’s in the games. Can’t say it made them a better hitter other than if they hit the sweet spot the ball would go a little further. Probably not $200 worth further though.

I’m with clicker on this one, parents spending big money so they can say they did and hoping their kid is the greatest player in the history of softball. I know parents that spent $200 on a tee ball bat, never understood that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)