AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 year old girls softball ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rank
Posted 6/21/2020 07:20 (#8326816 - in reply to #8326634)
Subject: RE: 10 year old girls softball ?

SEON
davpal - 6/20/2020 23:43

When I played baseball I batted about .200 and my brother batted about .450. The bat had nothing to do with the difference. He was more TALENTED AT BATTING than I was. No super $300 dollar bat would have made me better. We are a society that has the illusion that if we spend more money it makes us better at things.

A better bat might have made you better. Even with poor bat speed, the ball jumps off the bat before the infielders can react then it drops in for a single. But yes the batter still has to make solid contact and I'm not saying buy a 10 yr old a $300 bat but it does make up for some swing deficiencies.

Personally I would say work on snapping the wrists at the exact point of impact. Power and bat speed comes from the wrists and not the arms. Watch Kirk Gibson's World Series home run off Eck. He didn't use his arms at all.

Another drill to practice is using a broom stick to hit a tennis ball to improve hand-eye. See what that does for the batting average in a game. The kid will pick up .250 points

Edited by rank 6/21/2020 07:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)