AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 5/24/2020 20:27 (#8277938 - in reply to #8277910)
Subject: RE: Beef checkoff

western iowa,by Denison
Jeez or was that geez or was that cheesewiz-the system of $1 check off is broken -when you have cattlemen receiving money from the government when you can clearly see that a very few control the purchase price we have a problem-I will go along with profits need to be made-we have beef prices at $400 for carcass's-and we can maybe get $190 sympathy bid -meanwhile the plant's and retail wreck demand for beef that all the check off money in the world is not going to gain any market share back-we have demand destruction and if any one at the check off cant see that they probably should go down with the rest of us'

Been interesting watching ntexcotton-when someone comes along and calls you out and has a little more ability to bull crap you -you come with more bull crap-
Facts are you put the check off up for a vote it wont pass-the majority of cattlemen I know can smell a rat in a turd pile-it sucks to work long hours and watch some make $1,000 to $2000 a head and then get pittance pay from the government that we will pay back through tax's well into my childrens next life-
The freaking check off managers should be screaming mad-but they are well molded just like you are-but for some odd reason-you just don't get it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)