AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 5/22/2020 20:29 (#8274083 - in reply to #8273861)
Subject: RE: Beef checkoff

NS Canada
You can still aim to produce a quality product without having to whore yourself around like they expect you to.

If I grew trees, should I have to be out there everyday telling people they should heat with firewood, use more paper, buy that wooden table instead of the plastic one!.. etc. Or should I sell my trees to the guy that buys trees and he can do whatever he likes with it?

Checkoff numpties always love to tell you about what a great job they do getting the messages out there, but then in the next breath they tell you about how you should be out there educating your customers... Then when you talk to a customer they know little more than what end the tail goes on and which end says moo. They're convinced we feed them 'GMOs and antibiotics', and that we must be filthy rich because of how expensive meat is (and that was pre covid)

Or another way to look at it - Say baseball was the #1 sport for years and started to lose ground, they go around to every player and tell them to throw 5 bux in the hat to run some commercials to promote baseball, they then run those commercials during baseball games! Next year some players retire, no new kids come up, and they lose more ground.. Better have the rest of the guys throw 10 bux in this year!

They show us beef advertisements just so they can say - didn't you see the ads we've been running? But we already know all about beef... Little tommy and tina on youtube wait the 5 seconds and then click 'skip ad' however.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)